July 30, 2014
12:58 am

Old National Becomes New

The transition from Bank of America to Old National Bank is turning into a major makeover for the M-139 branch of the bank in Benton Charter Township.  Masonry crews are seemingly re-building the facade from the ground up as the new bank settles in for business.

Evansville, Indiana-based Old National Bank, as you may recall, paid $20-million dollars to acquire 24 retail bank branches that had been part of Bank of America, including the bank on M-139 and one at the corner of Hilltop & Cleveland Avenues in St. Joseph.  The bright new blue, yellow and white signs of Old National came first, and now the makeover puts a new face on the Benton Harbor site.  

Back in January, Old National, which is a $9.5-billion dollar financial services holding company, revealed the acquisition of 20 Bank of America branches in Michigan's Great Southwest and four in Northwest Indiana.  The Niles Bank of America and one in Paw Paw were also among the branches sold to Old National.

The largest cluster acquired by the southern Indiana banking firm can be found in the Kalamazoo-Battle Creek neighborhood, where 10 of the branches are located (including the 2 in Portage).  

Current work at the branch at 1803 M-139 is continuing on the periphery of the Fairplain Plaza.  

When Old National took over the 24 banks across the region, bank president Bob Jones was quoted as saying that the move, "allows us to accelerate our growth market expansion strategy and strenghtens our commitment to our current clients in the area by providing an enhanced network of banking centers and continued unparalleled client care."  

As a result of the expansion, Old National Bank now provides more than 200 banking centers in the system.  Nearlyy 200 Bank of America employees joined the Old National team in the process.  


Filed Under :
Topics : Business_Finance
People : Bob Jones
A A A
 Follow 
Share
Search