Website Southwest Michigan Community Action Agency
|Starting Date: Immediately
1. High School diploma, or equivalent, college preferred.
2. Must be able to obtain BPI, DOE and State of Michigan certifications within 6 months. BPI, Lead Safe, Asbestos, Indoor Air Quality, OSHA 10, and operate the Department of Energy (DOE) approved building model audit software.
3. Experience in the area of home construction, mainly energy efficiency and building science for energy efficiency techniques required.
4. Must possess ability to physically perform job assignments, including, but not limited to, accessing attics and crawl spaces, climbing onto roofs, and lifting required equipment. Must be able to work in confined spaces, such as attics, and crawl spaces. Subject to adverse weather conditions.
5. The responsibilities may include performing weatherization field assessments and/or define energy conservation measures to be completed for a given residence and coordinate the installation of energy conservation measures of low-income residences in Berrien, Cass and Van Buren Counties.
6. The auditor will collect energy date, including insulation levels, air infiltration/exfiltration along with many other tests and diagnostics.
7. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
8. Must successfully pass all agency-required background checks.
9. To perform initial energy audits and/or Quality Control Inspections on site built and mobile homes, educate weatherization clients on energy conservation. Acquire and maintain knowledge of, and comply with, required standards, guidelines, federal/state regulations and objectives of the Weatherization Assistance Programs within areas of responsibility.
10. Perform all duties associated with energy efficiency auditing techniques for projects, as assigned.
11. Assist in ensuring cost-effective and timely completion of all weatherization projects.
12. Responsible for the assurance of quality workmanship performed on the job site.
13. Working with weatherization contractors to assure timely and cost effective projects
SCHEDULE Work week will normally be 40 hours, Monday through Friday; flexibility in schedule may be required.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE Send letter of application and resume’ to the Weatherization/Housing Manager, Southwest Michigan Community Action Agency, 185 E. Main Street, Suite 303 Benton Harbor, MI 49022. Alternatively, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMCAA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com