Website Vickers Engineering Inc.
Established in 1970, Vickers has evolved into a world class Precision Machining Company.
• Runs CNC Mills and/or Lathes as outlined by the standard operating procedures.
• Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Maintains specifications by observing the manufacturing processes; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in cross-training initiatives.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• 2-3 years of previous CNC Mill/Lathe experience preferred.
• Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items
• Responding to public address system announcements
• Walking and standing
• Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds or more
Environmental Job Requirements
• Due to forklifts and other heavy equipment traveling through the shop, temporary cracks may appear in the floor, causing an uneven walking surface
• The shop environment can be dusty and noisy
• Doors are frequently open, causing drafts and interior temperature changes
• Floors around work area may become slippery during wet weather conditions, or liquids such as coolants and oils from the machinery
• May have to handle parts with sharp edges
• Passing forklifts emit gas fumes
• Tools, supplies, and related materials may contain hazardous materials
• May have to occasionally work outdoors where temperatures and climate can fluctuate
Personal Protection Equipment
• The wearing of Safety Glasses when working on the shop floor.
Management has the right to add or change these duties of the position at any time.
Established in 1970, Vickers has evolved into a world class Precision Machining Company. While experiencing compounding growth, utilizing automation and integration, Vickers has been able to maintain its core values: quality, reliability, outstanding people, and superior customer service.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org