THE 2020 MOODY ON THE MARKET BEST PLACES TO WORK IN SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN | #SWMBESTPLACESTOWORK
Hi, this is Pat Moody! Join me and local business leaders as we identify 20 local businesses with the best morale making a difference in our community.
Introducing Best Places to Work, a prestigious new recognition program reserved exclusively for the best businesses in our region.
Know a business making a positive impact in our community? Submit your nomination online at MoodyontheMarket.com by Friday, February 1st. A committee will then select the twenty businesses for 2019.
Then on Tuesday, March 12th, I will unveil the Best Places to Work during Moody in the Morning on News/Talk 94.9 WSJM and detail each honoree in a special section inside MoodyontheMarket.com. Plus, all of the Best Places to Work will be invited to a cocktail reception where they’ll be recognized and receive a framed keepsake.
THE 2020 WINNERS:
THE 2019 WINNERS:
Starting Monday, February 17 through March 6, you will find a nomination form here at MoodyontheMarket.com.
Do you know a powerhouse business that is making a positive impact in our community? Fill out the nomination form and submit it. Nominations go to a committee who will select the 20 Best Places to Work for 2020. Then, the week of March 30, 2020, we will unveil the Twenty Best Places to Work during Taking the Lead with Jim Gifford on News/Talk 94.9 WSJM and on 98.3 The Coast’s Social Network. Pat will detail each company being recognized and honored in a special section inside this page. Plus, all of the businesses and their teams will be invited to a cocktail reception where they’ll be recognized and receive a handsome wall plaque for display at their business.
Best Places to Work recognizes the type of business that everyone would like to work at – they’re the businesses that are going above and beyond for their team and the community, setting the gold standard for others to aspire to.
No matter the industry or sector, we’d love to hear about those stellar businesses among us that are making a difference at their workplace, excelling in their industry and making valuable contributions to betterment of Michigan’s Great Southwest. These companies clearly stand head and shoulders above all others in the region and have been able to excel at what they do regularly. Those selected for representation in the Best Places to Work will be those that set the tone for what every good company or organization should ascribe to in Michigan’s Great Southwest.
To nominate a business or organization, please keep reading and pay attention to the pointers below for a successful and competitive nomination. Nominations close Friday, March 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
The recognition event will take place the week of March 30, 2020. All selected companies will also be featured in a special segment on News/Talk 94.9 WSJM, 98.3 The Coast, and will be featured inside a section at MoodyontheMarket.com.
To submit a nomination, click the link above (only available during the nomination window) to go to an online survey where you will be asked to answer 20 questions about the business being nominated. Be sure to read the following information, which explains requirements and eligibility. Don’t forget to share your nominations and spread the word about this program on social media using hashtag #SWMBestPlacesToWork!
Before clicking the link to fill out the nomination form, please read the following requirements and tips for a successful nomination:
– Nominations close Friday, March 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern
– Nominee companies or organizations must be headquartered in the following Southwest Michigan counties: Berrien, Cass and Van Buren
– Chosen businesses are expected to attend the awards presentation, or have someone representing them, during the award ceremony occurring sometime in April
– Selected businesses are expected to provide a high resolution logo, and additionally be available for a short Q&A-style interview for the recognition on Moody on the Market.com in early March; failure to make time to complete these assets will result in disqualification from the program
– Self-nominations ARE permitted for this program, but all entries will be scrutinized for completeness, correctness, and honesty
– Nominations that are not substantially fully completed or that simply feature incomplete or cursory information will be at minimum given less than full consideration or at worst, be removed from consideration completely
– One single nomination for your nominee business is requested. Multiple entries do NOT enhance a business’s chances. Nominations featuring identical responses will be removed; please refrain from repeatedly submitting the same nomination or asking others to so on your behalf
– Only one business nomination is permitted in each questionnaire. If you wish to submit more than one business, you must submit separate nominations for each entry
– It is highly encouraged to submit nominated businesses that are actively engaged in best practices, have outside interests in the community that they are passionate about, and include any information you have on achievements and recognitions they have been honored for elsewhere in the community, in their industry, or among their peer groups as evidence of their own drive for excellence
– Each essay question should be answered in complete sentences. Do not use bulleted or hyphenated lists unless they are appropriate to the question asked
– Businesses may only be selected for a single Best Places to Work program within a 12 month period and may not be selected for the same program more than once. If a business is chosen for this program, then they are automatically ineligible to win Best Places to Work recognition in the future (to see if a business has been nominated in the past, scroll down to see the list of previous years’ winners)
– Nominations must be submitted through this online process only and will not be accepted via email, in-person, or any other format under any circumstances
– Nominated companies or organizations will be contacted by the selection committee to verify their willingness to participate, and to see if they can attend the reception in April
A panel of independent judges will review each nomination submitted and assign a score to each entry. This is done privately, and the judges do not share information. The scores are totaled and compared to all entries submitted to help the selection committee determine the 20 honorees
If your company or organization is chosen:
Those who are chosen as the 20 honorees will be notified within 2-4 weeks after the entry deadline. All businesses will be invited as guests to the Best Places to Work Cocktail Reception where they will have a table reserved in their honor, and be presented with their award. In addition, the winners will be recognized in advertising promoting their recognition across Mid-West Family brands.