The Moody on the Market 40 Under 40 for 2019 – #SWM40under40
Hi, this is Pat Moody! Join me and local business leaders as we once again identify forty dynamic young professionals making a difference in our community.
It’s time for the 2019 edition of the 40 Under 40, a prestigious recognition program reserved exclusively for professionals under the age of 40.
Know a professional under the age of 40 making a positive impact in our community? Submit your nomination online at MoodyontheMarket.com by Friday May 24th. A committee will then select the Forty for 2019. Then on Tuesday, June 25th, I will unveil the 40 Under 40 during a special segment on News/Talk 94.9 WSJM, on 98.3 The Coast’s Social Network and detail each honoree in a special section inside MoodyontheMarket.com. Plus, all of the 40 Under 40 will be invited to a cocktail reception where they’ll be recognized and receive a handsome keepsake of their recognition.
The Class of 2019
Boys & Girls Clubs of Benton Harbor
United Way of Southwest Michigan
Little Red Fern
Honor Credit Union
LECO Corporation / Manager, Electronics Research & Engineering
Be Healthy Berrien/United Way of Southwest Michigan
Daywi M. Cook
Honor Credit Union
Savannah Lorren DeVries
Lakeshore Public Schools, Southwestern Michigan Community College, St Joseph Public Schools
Honor Credit Union
Duncan & Associates PLLC
Rested Pillow Mattress Company
City of Dowagiac
United Federal Credit Union
The Avenue Family Network, Inc.
Indiana Michigan Power - Cook Nuclear Plant
Kruggel Lawton CPAs
The Mendel Center at Lake Michigan College
Derek (Deke) Knuth
Kaitlin M Locke
Berrien County Public Defender Office
Harbor Of Hope SDA Church
Market Van Buren
Village of Paw Paw
Honor Credit Union
Michael Timothy Nixon
Berrien County Trial Court
Spencer Fire Trucks and Haven Harvesters
Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber
Michigan Rehabilitation Services (State of Michigan)
Children's Advocacy Center of Southwest Michigan
Fifth Third Bank/Young Professionals of Greater Dowagiac
Michigan House of Representatives
Boys & Girls Clubs of Benton Harbor/Final 48 Project
Cassopolis Family Clinic Network
Round Barn Brewery and Public House
Starting Wednesday, May 8th, you will find a nomination form here at MoodyontheMarket.com.
Do you know a professional under the age of 40 that is making a positive impact in our community? Fill out the nomination form and submit it. Nominations go to a committee who will select the forty for 2019. Then on Tuesday, June 25th, I will unveil the 40 Under 40 for 2019 during the Taking the Lead Show on News/Talk 94.9 WSJM and on 98.3 The Coast’s Social Network and detail each professional being recognized and honored in a special section inside MoodyontheMarket.com. Plus, all of the 40 under 40 will be invited to a cocktail reception where they’ll be recognized and receive a handsome keepsake commemorating their recognition.
40 under 40 recognizes the type of people that everyone would like to be – they’re the individuals that are going above and beyond for their team and the community, setting the gold standard for others to aspire to.
No matter the person, we’d love to hear about those stellar professionals among us that are making a difference at their workplace, excelling in their industry and making valuable contributions to betterment of Michigan’s Great Southwest. These professionals clearly stand head and shoulders above all others in the region and have been able to excel at what they do regularly. Those selected for representation in the 40 under 40 will be those that set the tone for what every person should ascribe to in Michigan’s Great Southwest.
To nominate a young professional, please keep reading and pay attention to the pointers below for a successful and competitive nomination. Nominations close Friday, May 24th, at 11:59 PM.
The recognition event will take place the week of August 5th, 2019. All selected professionals will also be featured in a special segment on News/Talk 94.9 WSJM, 98.3 The Coast, and will be featured inside a section at Moody on the Market.com.
To submit a nomination, click the link to go to an online survey where you will be asked to answer 20 questions about the young professional being nominated. Be sure to read the following information, which explains requirements and eligibility. Don’t forget to share about your nominations and spread the word about this program on social media using hashtag #SWM40under40!
Before clicking the link to fill out the nomination form, please read the following requirements and tips for a successful nomination:
– Nominations close Friday, May 24th, at 11:59 PM.
– Young professionals being nominated must work or live in the following Southwest Michigan counties: Berrien, Cass and Van Buren and must be under the age of 40.
– Chosen young professionals are expected to attend the awards presentation, or have someone representing them, during the week of August 5th 2019.
– Selected young professionals are expected to provide a high resolution photo, and additionally be available for a short Q&A-style interview for the recognition on Moody on the Market.com in early June; failure to make time to complete these assets will result in disqualification from the program.
– Self-nominations ARE permitted for this program, but all entries will be scrutinized for completeness, correctness, and honesty.
– Nominations that are not substantially fully completed or that simply feature incomplete or cursory information will be at minimum given less than full consideration or at worst, be removed from consideration completely.
– One single nomination for your young professional nominee is requested. Multiple entries do NOT enhance a person’s chances. Nominations featuring identical responses will be removed; please refrain from repeatedly submitting the same nomination or asking others to do so on your behalf.
– Only one young professional nomination is permitted in each questionnaire. If you wish to submit more than one young professional, you must submit separate nominations for each entry.
– It is highly encouraged to submit nominated professionals that are actively engaged in best practices, have outside interests in the community that they are passionate about, and include any information you have on achievements and recognitions they have been honored for elsewhere in the community, in their industry, or among their peer groups as evidence of their own drive for excellence.
– Each essay question should be answered in complete sentences. Do not use bulleted or hyphenated lists unless they are appropriate to the question asked.
– Young professionals may only be selected for a single 40 Under 40 program within a 12 month period and may not be selected for the same program more than once.
– Nominations must be submitted through this online process only and will not be accepted via email, or any other format under any circumstances.
– Nominated persons will be contacted by the selection committee to verify their willingness to participate, and to see if they can attend the reception in August.
– A panel of independent judges will review each nomination submitted and assign a score to each entry. This is done privately, and the judges do not share information. The scores are totaled and compared to all entries submitted to help the selection committee determine the 40 honorees.
If your young professional is chosen:
– Those who are chosen as the 40 honorees will be notified within 2-4 weeks after the entry deadline. All young professionals will be invited as guests to the 40 Under 40 Cocktail Reception where they will have two seats reserved in their honor and be presented with their award. In addition, the winners will be recognized in advertising promoting their recognition across Mid-West Family Broadcasting media properties.