Billboard Critics’ Choice artist Bryan Lubeck brings his romantic and exhilarating Spanish guitar stylings to the Lake Michigan College Mendel Center Hanson Theatre for a special Valentine’s Day acoustic concert on Tuesday, Feb. 14, at 7:30 p.m.
Accompanied by a violin, piano, saxophone, and percussion quartet, Lubeck’s performance will include a selection of his familiar radio hits as well as rarely-performed-live songs from his catalog – all to match the mood of the evening. The audience can also expect a few familiar songs from other artists reimagined by Lubeck in his unique style.
“I filmed my two most recent music videos in the Hanson Theatre. I loved performing in the space so much that I wanted to return, but this time in front of a live audience. The acoustic arrangements of the songs we have planned, coupled with the intimate setting of the Hanson Theatre, will blend perfectly to embrace the emotion and closeness of Valentine’s Day.” Lubeck said.
Joining Lubeck for this unplugged evening are special guests St. Joseph native and now Chicago-based musician Erik Rumsa on violin, Grammy-nominated saxophonist Nick Bisesi, Chicago-based keyboardist and composer Neil Artwick on piano, and Nate Lacny on percussion.
A cash bar will be available before the show and during intermission.
Advance tickets for Bryan Lubeck Unplugged: A Valentine’s Day Concert are on sale now for $20 at www.TheMendelCenter.com/events or by calling or visiting The Mendel Center Box Office at 269-927-8700 weekdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tickets at the door will be $25, as available.
About Bryan Lubeck
Bryan Lubeck has been a staple of contemporary pop and jazz instrumental radio for more than a decade. An editor with Billboard Magazine once said that Lubeck weaves a tapestry of fiery Spanish guitar and cool urban grooves into exhilarating and romantic live shows and recordings. The striking and sensitive ballads coupled with the exciting catchy flamenco styles from his CDs have proved to a new generation of music lovers that the contemporary elegance of Spanish guitar is more powerful today than ever before when combined with the grooves of his Latin and urban band.
His recent Amazon #1 Best Selling album Midnight Sun, released in 2021, placed him on the Top 25 Most Played Songs list and the Top 20 Most Played Artists list on SiriusXM Watercolors in October of that year.
Having performed in front of more than 1,000,000 music enthusiasts, Lubeck’s concert credits include industry legends and greats Richard Elliot, Jim Peterik, Rick Braun, Mindi Abair, Brian Clulbertson, and Craig Chaquico, to mention just a few. He has honed his show into a perfect blend of romance and high-energy songs that have mass appeal across age, cultural, and genre differences.
Bryan Lubeck highlights
· Billboard Critics’ Choice for the single “First Noel”
· #2 Most-played Album on Sirius/XM Watercolors – Christmas Eve & Day 2017
· Top 10 Played Artist on Sirius/XM Watercolors – Christmas Eve & Day 2017
· 9 major radio singles
· Recorded with 5 Grammy Award winners
· 2 songs in the Top 100, St. Louis B96 FM
· Live performances with over 12 Grammy winners/nominees
· Tuscan Sky spent 15 weeks in the Top 20 charts
· Live performances in front of 1,000,000 people throughout the U.S.
· “Vineyard Groove” chosen as theme song for Microsoft product launch
· Billboard Magazine listed “Tuscan Sky” as Top 5 Added to Radio
· #7 Album – any genre – Chicago area 2013
Find Bryan Lubeck online
· Web site: www.bryanlubeck.com
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lubeckmusic
· YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/bclonline
· Amazon Music – https://music.amazon.com/artists/B000QK32RW/bryan-lubeck
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bryanlubeck/
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/bryanlubeck