When you achieve a magnificent milestone like your 40th anniversary in business, the last thing you want to do is stand around on the sidelines, and while the ongoing pandemic is relegating many of us to the sidelines with great regularity, the team at the Harbor Country Chamber of Commerce is proceeding full speed ahead with plans for their 40th Annual Meeting, albeit in the virtual realm.
The Harbor Country Chamber will conduct a Virtual Annual Meeting at 4:30 pm (EST) on Tuesday October 27, 2020, taking place on the public Harbor Country Facebook page.
Chamber President Jen Thompson will address the State of the Chamber. Additionally, newly appointed Directors and Officers will be inducted including:
- David McNabb- Edward Jones
- Eric Neagu -Antero Group LLC
- Erika Milovich – Bluefish Vacation Rentals
Returning Directors to continue their roles on the Chamber Board include:
- Jen Thompson – Chikaming Open Lands
- Kurt Hauseman – New Buffalo Inn and Spa; Lake Homes Realty
- Maggie Martin – MAK Salon
- John Natsis – Tom Hemingway Re/Max Harbor Country Union Pier
The meeting will also recognize departing Board members including:
- Danette Narregan – Chicago Title
- Dick Sauerman – Teachers Credit Union
- Allie Mojsiejenko – formerly Four Winds Casino
- And retiring officers Stephen Throw – Bantam Brook Farm and Bill Reynolds – New Buffalo Bill’s
During the annual meeting, the Chamber’s Member Services Director, Kimberlee Wendt, will make announcements regarding participation in the 2021 Harbor Country Guide, fall and winter promotional campaigns, virtual networking events and the bright outlook for Harbor Country.
The organization will celebrate its 40th Anniversary in the year 2021.
The Harbor Country Chamber of Commerce is a 501c(6) corporation, established in 1981 to represent the eight communities of Michiana, Grand Beach, New Buffalo, Union Pier, Lakeside, Harbert, Sawyer and Three Oaks. With a rich heritage of leadership and collaboration, the Chamber works to advocate for business in the area and region to make Harbor Country a premier place to stay, play, create and make Harbor Country home. The name Harbor Country is a registered trademarked name to signify the unique corner of Southwest Michigan. 40th Anniversary commemorations will be observed throughout the next year to celebrate the milestone.
For more information, you can contact the Harbor Country Chamber Virtual Office at 269-469-5409 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org