If you’re willing to make an appointment, starting next Monday you can make plans to visit the Records Lobby at the Berrien County Sheriff’s Department in St. Joseph, but without an appointment you will be turned away.
The Berrien County Sheriff’s Office Records Lobby, which is located at 919 Port Street in St Joseph will open by appointment only starting next Monday, February 1, 2021. Individuals will be able to make an appointment for the following services:
- Firearms Purchase Permits
- Sex Offender Registry for those who need verify that month
The Berrien County Sheriff’s Office in Niles,however, will remain closed to the public and all appointments will be handled at the St Joseph Office.
To schedule an appointment you can call or e-mail the Records Unit:
- Call: (269) 983-7141 ext. 7211
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are requesting an appointment via e-mail you are asked to state the reason for the appointment and provide a contact phone number.
Available appointment times:
- Monday thru Friday from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM
Prior to being admitted into the building you will be required to do the following:
- Answer some COVID-19 screening questions
- Have your temperature taken
- Wear a mask while inside the building
No walk-ins will be accepted. If you show up without an appointment, you will be turned away until you schedule one.