The window of opportunity has just opened for nominating local businesses and the people who run them for recognition through the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber.
The nomination process is now officially underway for the Chamber’s 2021 Business Recognition Awards and will be accepted through Friday, December 11th. Winners will be presented at the 2021 Business Recognition Event early next year.
The 2021 Chamber Organizational Excellence Awards include:
Business Focused Awards:
- Economic Impact Award
- Small Business of the Year Award
- Non-Profit Excellence Award
Individual Focused Awards:
- Ambassador of the Year Award
- Rising Star Award
Business or Individual Focused Award:
- The Pat Moody Award
New for 2021, the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber will also be accepting nominations for COVID-19 Pandemic Excellence Awards. Those awards specifically recognize businesses and organizations that have gone above and beyond during the pandemic in a multitude of ways.
The 2021 Pandemic Excellence Awards include:
- Community Guardian Award – health-related organizations, agencies, or entities who provided front-line medical response that helped curb the spread of COVID-19.
- Community Hero Award – business, organization, or entity that produced, procured, or provided PPE for the local community.
- Excellence in Pandemic Reporting Award – local media organization, entity, or individual who worked overtime to provide timely updates regarding the ever-changing landscape of the pandemic.
- Excellence in Pandemic Innovation Award – business, organizations, or entity that pivoted its business model, products, services, or delivery systems in response and adaptation to the pandemic.
- Excellence in Pandemic Lending Award – honors a financial institution that provided exceptional customer service to the Southwest Michigan business community during the pandemic, specifically in providing support in the processing, approval, and lending of the Payroll Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
Criteria for each award, and the nomination submission form can be found online at this link: http://www.smrchamber.com/market-your-business/business-recognition-awards
Each award is focused on being meaningful and relevant to the Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber and their respective community members. Nominations can be submitted by anyone; however, nominees must be members in good standing with the Chamber in order to be eligible for recognition. No self-nominations will be accepted.
Full details regarding the 2021 Business Recognition Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony will be announced at a later date.
Southwest Michigan Regional Chamber is a 501(c)6 member-driven organization encouraging the growth of business through networking, advocacy, visibility and benefits for all members. The Chamber represents approximately 700 businesses that provide 36,000 jobs for the local community.