The Southwest Michigan Symphony Orchestra’s August Pop Up! Concerts continue this Thursday, August 11, at 5:30 pm and features members of the symphony orchestra and friends!
The Norwood Trio, featuring Kassia Martin, Sam Martin, and Carol Ambrogio-Wood, will present “In the Garden.” The following are the pieces to be performed:
· As it Fell Upon A Day by Aaron Copland – performed by the Norwood Trio
· Zoe and Xena by Daniel Dorff – performed by Kassia Martin, flute and Sam Martin, clarinet
· Dandelion Days by Alan Ridout – performed by Carol Ambrogio-Wood, soprano and Kassia Martin, flute
· Danza de La Mariposa by Valerie Coleman – performed by Kassia Martin, flute
· Rhapsody by Wilson Osbourne – performed by Sam Martin, clarinet
· In the Garden by C. Austin Miles, arr. Kassia Martin – performed by the Norwood Trio
The concert will be at 5:30 pm on the Oval Lawn of the Krasl Art Center, 707 Lake Bld., St. Joseph. Please bring a chair or blanket to sit on. Brian the Munchie Man and the Lost Coast Shave Ice food trucks will be on site and will have selections to purchase, or you may bring your own food and beverage, if desired.
These concerts were started during the pandemic as a thank you to the community for its support of the SMSO. They are free to the public, however, if you are so moved, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to help ensure the fiscal health of the SMSO. They are sponsored in part, by the Michigan Arts & Culture Council and the National Endowment for the Arts.
The SMSO hopes the community will enjoy these rousing orchestral offerings Thursdays in August at the Krasl Art Center.