Dr. Andrae Townsel
Benton Harbor Area Schools
What Does Your Company/Organization Do?
One of the youngest Superintendents in the state and nationally.
What else do you hope to accomplish by the age of 40?
National Superintendent of the Year
- Howard University, Washington, DC — Ed. D. in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies2010-2015
- Howard University, Washington, DC — M. Ed. In Educational Administration and Policy2007-2009
- Howard University, Washington, DC — B.S. in Physical Education and Secondary Education2002-2007 Areas of Concentration: Kinesiology, Anatomy, and Biomechanics Minor: Secondary Education
- Michigan Certificate #: SA0000000967939 – Central Office (CO)/ ELEMENTARY & SECONDARY ADMIN K-12(ES)
- Massachusetts License #: 49621 – Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent – All Levels
- Massachusetts License #: 49621 – Principal/Assistant Principal – 9-12
Benton Harbor, Michigan
Where were you born?
What was your first job?
Best advice you ever got?
Your destiny is in your hands.
Who inspires you most?
That one thing about you we’d be most surprised to learn.
One of my favorite sports to play is badminton.
What do you love to do in your downtime?
What book are you reading now?
Our Side of the River by Benton Harbor Area High School Students
Volunteer activity you love the most.
Acting at the Ghostlight Theater
What motivates you to give back to your community?
Finding a need and meeting the need.
What Superpower would you most love to have?
Seeing the future.
What has been the most eye-opening thing about the coronavirus pandemic for you, personally?
A lot of things are taken for granted.
What does the honor of being named to the 40 Under 40 most mean to you?
This honor means that I can inspire the next generation of educators to ensure that young people have the best information available to live their desired lifestyle.